WILLEM DE KOONING ACADEMY
gitzwart’s Veerle Verbakel is responsible for the coordination and development of commercial practices at the Willem de Kooning Academy
Willem de Kooning Academy offers contemporary and cutting edge art education. One of the profiles is Commercial Practice, which is oriented towards the new economy. Our world is changing rapidly fused by technological disruptive innovations. This changing world creates new opportunities and roles for prospective designers and artists.
- As a coordinator Veerle oversees the practice and guide design and fashion students in topics such as New Frontiers, Branding, Service Design and Data Design.
- Define and position the practice within the academy and the work field;
- Responsible for the organizational and educational side;
- Monitor the choice of strategic project partners for the practice;
- Managing the practice’s financial budget;
- Responsible for year end reviews with tutors;
- Act as assessor for student assessments;
- Organize the graduation process & graduation show for the practice together with other stakeholders within the academy.